Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bowling and Hiking in England


Susan's Bowling Shoe

On one cold and blustery day, we got the crew together to go bowling. We had an extra body so I volunteered to watch and grabbed the moment to sketch my bowling shoe.


On another bright day, we walked a triangular route from Snowshill to Stanton, on to Stanway and back to Snowshill. The Cotswolds were covered with snow. The valleys were over the ankles in mud. The views were lovely. As we waited for others to catch up, I did a quick scene with my reservoir brush and travel paints. As I stood there, the paint turned to slush on my paper and palette. A hilarious first for me. The colour of the painting is as muddy so to mark the event, I put my muddy boot on the lower right side of the page. When I opened my sketchbook later, I could smell manure. Scratch and sniff painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment