Thursday, September 22, 2011

Burnaby Blues and Roots Fest

There's nothing like an all day music festival to give you the time and subjects for drawing. I sat on the grass at Burnaby Lake Park, enjoying the music of well known greats like k.d. lang and John Mayall. But who knew about the sparky bluesy Irish rockabilly talents of Imelda May. Check her out. Or the crazy guitar chops of Matt Anderson from the East Coast (of Canada that is).

All the while, I had plenty of people to capture in my sketch book. I tried to be discreet, hence the back and side views. I didn't want to freak anyone out by staring at them. You'd think that people would sit relatively still during a concert but I was amazed at how much people moved around. It was good practice for quick sketches.

Fans on the grass, and a few that got away.

No comments:

Post a Comment