Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Good Money after Bad?

Self Portrait 5 (from life - pencil then pen)
So the resolution was a self portrait a day for 30 days. It is Jan 15th and, as usual, I have fallen a little behind. But I'm not beating myself up because I have been drawing and painting quite a bit. The question is whether to continue to throw good money after bad in the portrait project. My inclination is to continue in spite of the wobbly results. (Upon seeing the drawings, my partner wondered who all of the women were.) Well, dang. what have I got to lose? And judging from the recognizability gap, I have quite a bit to gain. If Roz can draw her dog everyday for 5 years or some crazy thing, I can try to grab a likeness. Either that, or buy a dog. Na…..onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment