Monday, January 13, 2014

Rapper Boots



Here is another for my book of inspiration…with apologies to Goethe. I played a bit fast and loose with his quote. I think part of the quote is from Julia Cameron's "The Artist's Way". In any case, the message is to zip up your boots and get on with it.

I spent a good part of the weekend up the mountain in the snow. Being out in nature, physically active, is another great source of inspiration for me. The snow was coming down in huge flakes when we arrived at the parking lot. We strapped on our snowshoes and backpacks and headed up towards the cabin. By evening, the sky had cleared as the wind picked up. The moon cast unearthly blue shadows onto the snow through the black firs and cedars as the stars twinkled above. By morning, big fat flakes were falling again. It was truly invigorating.
Do I need to say, these are not the boots I  use for snowshoeing?

No comments:

Post a Comment